Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jacobs

I blogged the other day about A.J. Jacobs, the American journalist who self-experiments with weird ideas and then writes about it. Anyway, I've now had a chance to read a bunch of his articles and they're absolutely hilarious. Check out: "I Think You're Fat" (about the Radical Honesty movement), "My Life as a Hot Woman" (about pretending to be a sexy woman on an internet dating service), and "My Outsourced Life" (about outsourcing much of his life to personal assistants in India). The excerpts from his books The Year of Living Biblically and The Know-It-All are also worth a read.

Oh, and Jacobs had a pretty amusing feud with one Joe Queenan who thought The Know-It-All was a travesty and wrote a snarky review in the NYT - Jacobs replies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment